Tuesday, February 24, 2015

VGS Latest News & Tips: 24 Feb 2015

Tomorrow is our 15th Annual All-Day Seminar: 

Our guest speaker will be "The Legal Genealogist." A genealogist with a law degree, The Legal Genealogist Judy G. Russell, JD, CGSM , CGLSM , is a lecturer, educator and writer. 
On her blog she writes:
"I've worked as a newspaper reporter, trade association writer, legal investigator, defense attorney, federal prosecutor, law editor and, for more than 20 years, I've been an adjunct member of the faculty at Rutgers Law School.

I’m a Colorado native with roots deep in the American south on my mother’s side (from Virginia to Texas and just about everywhere in between!) and entirely in Germany on my father’s side. It's an odd mix, finding records of my ancestors from 1680 Virginia on one side to being a first-generation American on the other."

Judy, Welcome to The Villages!

Roots Tech Keynote Presentation:If you are unable to attend our Annual All-Day Seminar tomorrow, maybe you have the time to watch on of these presentations from the 2015 RootsTech Conference.
Watch the Keynote Session with Dennis Brimhall, Mike Mallin, and Tan Le.
or
Watch D. Joshua Taylor, our 2014 All-Day Seminar guest speaker, as he presents, "30 Pieces of Tech I Can't Live Without." I have already watched it and it was very good. I will watch it again and take more notes. 30 pieces different are difficult to take in all at once especially when you didn't even know some of them existed.
or
Watch Tom MacEntee as he presents "Building a Genealogy Research Toolbox."


No comments: