AncestryDNA
"It’s Earth Day, which means it’s a great time to think about how we can reduce our impact on the planet. Ancestry has already brought genealogy into our homes which we’d like to think has reduced the carbon footprint of traveling around to archives around the world. Although, we don’t think anyone has measured the impact of midnight oil burning away as our members hunt down ancestors into the wee hours…"
Continue reading...
FREE Book! "DNA & Genetics for Genealogy"
FW Publications
15 pages, pdf format.
Download now...
United Empire Loyalist Research:
Ancestry
"Sometimes when we are researching our ancestors we find ourselves in a time and/or place that isn’t familiar. Recently I found myself having to learn about a very fascinating period of Canadian history – the American Revolution and the Loyalists in around the Kingston/Napanee area of Ontario."Continue reading...
How To Search For Your Criminal Ancestors In The Historic Newspapers:
FindMyPast
"Our England & Wales, Crime, Prisons and Punishment records can reveal incredible levels of detail about your criminal ancestors, including the exact nature of the crimes they committed, where and when they took place and the sentence they received."
Continue reading...
30 Questions To Get Started Recording Family History:
Amy Choate-Nielsen:
"I had a professor in college who once told me that the first step to preparing for any interview was to make a list of 10 questions.
You couldn’t just have them in your head; you had to write them down. And if you turned in an assignment with fewer than 10 questions on it, you failed.
I started writing down my 10 questions then, and I’ve never stopped — but I learned something, in time.
You have to ask the right questions."
Continue reading...
Are you getting the most out of DNA results?
myAJC
"For those who have tested either with familytreedna.com, ancestry.com, or 23andme.com, are you getting the most out of your results?"
Continue reading...
This Day In History: 25 April
1719: Daniel Defoe’s novel Robinson Crusoe is published in London.
1792: The guillotine is first used to execute highwayman Nicolas J. Pelletier.
1898: The United States declares war on Spain.
1908 Birthday: Edward R. Murrow, war correspondent and newscaster.
How To Search For Your Criminal Ancestors In The Historic Newspapers:
FindMyPast
"Our England & Wales, Crime, Prisons and Punishment records can reveal incredible levels of detail about your criminal ancestors, including the exact nature of the crimes they committed, where and when they took place and the sentence they received."
Continue reading...
30 Questions To Get Started Recording Family History:
Amy Choate-Nielsen:
"I had a professor in college who once told me that the first step to preparing for any interview was to make a list of 10 questions.
You couldn’t just have them in your head; you had to write them down. And if you turned in an assignment with fewer than 10 questions on it, you failed.
I started writing down my 10 questions then, and I’ve never stopped — but I learned something, in time.
You have to ask the right questions."
Continue reading...
Are you getting the most out of DNA results?
myAJC
"For those who have tested either with familytreedna.com, ancestry.com, or 23andme.com, are you getting the most out of your results?"
Continue reading...
This Day In History: 25 April
1719: Daniel Defoe’s novel Robinson Crusoe is published in London.
1792: The guillotine is first used to execute highwayman Nicolas J. Pelletier.
1898: The United States declares war on Spain.
1908 Birthday: Edward R. Murrow, war correspondent and newscaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment