Today: Wednesday: February 17, 2016
Mid-Atlantic States SIG Meeting
9:30 AM in the Jasmine Room at the Hibiscus Recreation Center
Today: Wednesday: February 17, 2016
New to Genealogy SIG Meeting
2:30 PM in the Chateaugay Room at the Chatham Recreation Center
Noon in the New Smyrna Room at the Sea Breeze Recreation Center
U.S. National Archives Archival Recovery Team -- Trying to retain our heritage:
NGS
"I will admit to being oblivious to the scale of the issue until I started following the US Archives National Archival Recovery Team on Facebook. This page shares both newly identified losses of artifacts along with successful recovery stories. So far I have seen more of the former. Its scope is worldwide."
Continue reading...
Tomorrow: Thursday: February 18, 2016
New England Genealogy SIG Meeting
U.S. National Archives Archival Recovery Team -- Trying to retain our heritage:
NGS
"I will admit to being oblivious to the scale of the issue until I started following the US Archives National Archival Recovery Team on Facebook. This page shares both newly identified losses of artifacts along with successful recovery stories. So far I have seen more of the former. Its scope is worldwide."
Continue reading...
Just starting out? Here are Ol' Myrt's suggestions:
DearMyrtle
As the Coordinator of our New to Genealogy SIG, I highly recommend that you read this article written by DearMyrtle.
Continue reading...
Follow Every Genealogy Clue: It Might Surprise You!
GenealogyBank
"When you have a genealogy record in front of you, track down every clue and see where it takes you. For example: I found the announcement of my cousin’s wedding in 1767 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire."
Continue reading...
Canada Online Historical Newspaper Links - Updated 2015:
The Ancestor Hunt
"This past month I have been updating the articles published in 2015 that contain links to both Free and Subscriber based online historical newspapers for Canada. Each article focuses on one single province (the territories are grouped into one article). There are over 350 newspaper titles that have been added country wide in the last year!"
Continue reading...
This Day In History: 17 February
1801: The House of Representatives breaks an electoral college tie and chooses Thomas Jefferson over Aaron Burr.
1864: The Confederate submarine Hunley sinks the USS Housatonic in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina.
1909: Apache chief Geronimo dies of pneumonia at age 80, while still in captivity at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
1902 Birthday: Marian Anderson, American singer.
Follow Every Genealogy Clue: It Might Surprise You!
GenealogyBank
"When you have a genealogy record in front of you, track down every clue and see where it takes you. For example: I found the announcement of my cousin’s wedding in 1767 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire."
Continue reading...
Canada Online Historical Newspaper Links - Updated 2015:
The Ancestor Hunt
"This past month I have been updating the articles published in 2015 that contain links to both Free and Subscriber based online historical newspapers for Canada. Each article focuses on one single province (the territories are grouped into one article). There are over 350 newspaper titles that have been added country wide in the last year!"
Continue reading...
This Day In History: 17 February
1801: The House of Representatives breaks an electoral college tie and chooses Thomas Jefferson over Aaron Burr.
1864: The Confederate submarine Hunley sinks the USS Housatonic in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina.
1909: Apache chief Geronimo dies of pneumonia at age 80, while still in captivity at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
1902 Birthday: Marian Anderson, American singer.
No comments:
Post a Comment